Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Shark boy & Lava girl: blogs

1-The costume designer-
 Hi, my name is Nina Proctor and I am the costume designer for the movie Sharkboy and Lavagirl, I am the one that creates the costumes of the characters on the big screen. The director of the movie; Robert Rodriguez, has given me the task to start thinking up ideas for the costumes of the characters! Especially since the main critic of the costumes will be the kids!

Things that I like about my role in the movie is that I get to create and show off my own works on the big screen, something I dislike about it is that I get such a late notice to when I have to start designing.

The favourite bits of the movie are when Shark boy and Lava girl appear and show off my Marvelous pieces of art, because it doesn't only promote the movie but it also promotes me.

The reasons why I believe the young ones will enjoy this movie is because this movie is jam packed with the things that kids love, they love adventure, mystery, sweets, games and most of all fun!

I'm not supposed to say this but I heard that the director had a go at the editing team during the filming due to a mistake they made which they had to resovle in less than 24 hours which was a deadline that we had to meet. Apart from this problem there hasn't been many others.


Cayden Boyd (Max)

The costumes have to be uber funk and out there, but also look great and reflect on the personality of the character and how they may be during the course of the movie. Most of the costumes are simple and are easy to make, for Max (Cayden Boyd), he is supposed to look like a normal suburban boy that lives a normal life, he's clothing is simple and reflects how he's personality is.

Taylor Lautner (Shark boy) in full costume
For one of the super heroes, Sharkboy (Taylor Lautner), he's costume is very complex and requires a lot of of material, my plan of he's constume consists of a grey wetsuit with a dorsal fin attached and gills on the sides, gloves with claws on them, grey shoes that resemble sharks and fake teeth similar to a sharks teeth.

Shark boy and Lava girl (Taylor Dooley) in full costume
Another super hero, the heroine of the story, Lava girl (Taylor Dooley) as it says in her name she has something to do with lava. Her costume i have only just started planning for it, it is a pink latex suit that has burn-out holes to look like short melting volcanoes, and melting hot-spots all over it, she will wear a pink wig that looks like pink flames and burning streams of lava that look like veins which strech over her body.

The costumes that are required for this movie were challenging, but I got through it. I personally think I did a great job on it and hopefully I'll get commended for my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment